Tiles are the best flooring choice for the owners who want a graceful, classy and long-lasting kitchen for their house. But with time because of moisture and soap scum, mould and mildew thrive in your kitchen which makes your tiles look dirty and discoloured.
It is really important for you to clean your tiles regularly so as to avoid any kind of scum accumulation and also to keep them glossy for a long period. Here are some of the natural products which are effective in tile and grout cleaning Perth and keeping your kitchen tiles shiny and sparkling.
- Vinegar: Vinegar is the most effective natural cleaners because of its acidic nature, which helps to fight with bacteria or any kind of germs that makes your tiles look old and discoloured. Vinegar is also effective in treating any kind of water spots, soap scum and more.
Take warm water in a spray bottle as warm water helps to loosen the dirt stuck on the tiles, now add a few drops of white vinegar in the bottle and shake it well so as to blend it properly. Spray the solution onto the tiles and allow the solution to rest for a few minutes. Scrub it off after a while and clean the tiles with freshwater to see the magic.
- Baking Soda: Baking soda also known as sodium bicarbonate is one of the best solutions to get rid of stains and make your kitchen look spick and span. Pour a small amount of baking soda on the tiles and leave it for 30 minutes. Rinse it with warm water thereafter. For more tough stains you can also combine baking soda with white vinegar.
- Lime Juice: Lime juice contains citric acid which has an ability to lighten up the stains. As lemons smell great, you can also get rid of the stinky smell in your kitchen if any. Fill a bottle with lime juice and just pour it on the tiles and leave it for a while, then rinse it with warm water. For best results, fresh lime juice can also be combined with baking soda.
- Salt: Salt is a great disinfectant which helps to kill germs and also remove hard water stains from the kitchen tiles. Salt inhibits the growth of mould so to make this work it is important to keep the area wet before salt is applied. Leave it overnight so that it works effectively.
- A mixture of Hydrogen Peroxide and Baking Soda: If nothing of the above tricks work out the way you want, then a mixture of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda can be the best rescue. It acts as a bleaching agent and can be used to remove the toughest stains. This solution should be in a ratio of 1:4 i.e., one part of hydrogen peroxide and three parts of baking soda. Once the paste is prepared, apply it on the tiles, let it rest for about 10 to 15 minutes and then clean the area with warm water.
As we are neat-freak, we have personally tried all these remedies to get rid of hard stains and dirt from my kitchen tiles and it worked well for us, we hope it does the same for you.
For more information, contact Clean Master Perth today.