The best practice for applying the Scotchgard always begins with the clean carpets present in your home. Hence, it is a liquid repellent and proprietary stain repellent for the furniture, carpets as well as upholstery. If you apply Scotchgard on the dirty carpet, you can easily lock the stain inside the carpet. In case, if your carpet is new, you should check your paperwork because many new carpets often come with the protectant already applied. However, thorough vacuuming by experts of carpet cleaning can remove deep-down debris and dirt. Here is a proper guide which would help you to apply Scotchgard on your carpet to protect it from accumulating hard stains.
How to Apply Scotchgard
This information is highly suggested by the Carpet Stain Removal experts for cleaning the carpets and protecting them from the hard stains.
- While you can buy spray-can versions of Scotchgard for treating the carpets with this protectant and it is more cost-effective to buy the liquid concentrated.
- The concentrate Scotchgard is when mixed with water; provide some different coverage based on the type of carpet present in your house. You will get the most coverage on the following method (approximately 53 square feet over the quarter-gallon of the mixed liquid):
- Loop-pile carpets with less or approximately 5/16-inch piles.
- You can plush the carpet with the short naps, which is not greater than 3/8 inch tall.
- The pile usually weighs from 22 ounces to 36 ounces per square yard of the carpet.
- The carpet with the tall and thick piles, you can typically get half the coverage of the short-pile carpets.
Tips for Applying Scotchgard
- When you use an excessive amount of detergent, in that case, less is more – it leaves a residue on the
fibersof the carpet which actually does the opposite work as it can attract stains and dirt.
- You should also make certain that you have extracted extra water from the carpet with the help of steam cleaner used by the Carpet Cleaning Walliston experts to go back over the cleaned area with the help of machine for lifting the dirty water from the carpet
- You should also test the moisture content in the carpet by applying the paper towel to it,
- Test the moisture content in the carpet by applying a paper towel to it, pressing it into the carpet
fibers. If the paper towel does not pick up any moisture, the carpet is ready for Scotchgard.
- You should also test the carpet inside the closet are for verifying that the Scotchgard treatment would not fade or change the
- You need to apply the Scotchgard treatment every day you steam-clean your carpets for the best results of the protection.
Choose Us to Protect Your Sofa
You would continuously want to own improvement of your carpets, then Clean Master Perth may be your ideal alternative. The Professional Carpet Cleaning in Perth services supplier has needed the information to wash your costly carpets. They’d even not harm the sweetness of the